While stereotactic radiosurgery is clinically well proven, there are opportunities to streamline the treatment process and improve mechanical performance. At Akesis, we were unburdened by legacy designs.
The Akesis Galaxy™ Platform
- Patented, continuous 360° rotational technology
- Enhanced ability to shape dose distribution vs. traditional, fixed sector-based deliver
- Only 30 gamma sources lowers total cost of ownership and reduces downtime during source replacement
- Highly intuitive, integrated software combined with one-button dose delivery
1. Modern Rotational Design
Non-static beams reduce dose peaks to the skin and scalp and avoidance of hot spots resulting in a smooth, sharp and predictable penumbra.
2. Accuracy First
Radiology accuracy is <0.5mm through the device’s clinical life.**
3. In-room Display
Thoughtfully placed within easy reach of the operator during patient setup, the display provides visual confirmation of the treatment plan process and patient identity.
4. Automatic Collimation Changes
Collimator rotation of up to 4RPM with sizes of 4, 8, 14 and 18mm that are changed on the fly in accordance with the treatment plan.
5. Automatic Positioning System
3-D positioning integrated into the couch offers patient positioning accuracy with a reproducibility of <0.5mm.
6. Decreased Treatment Times
Treatment automation helps optimize the patient flow and increase patient comfort.
Akesis Galaxy Benefits
- 30 radiation sources
- 10x more beams for optimization
- Simplified treatment delivery
- Comprehensive service
- Cost-effective source replacement
- Robust reimbursement